Welcome to the Loyalty Factor Information Exchange, a bi-weekly service providing summaries of major publications and books on various management and customer relationship topics.
Loyalty Factor has been instrumental in helping companies:
- Increase Customer Satisfaction by 20 – 33%
- Increase Revenues by 50% in 18 months
- Increase Manufacturing Production by 200% in 18 months
- Simplifying mergers and acquisitions
Our information exchange this week highlights the Motivational Manager article, “Make Recognizing Employees Part of Your Daily Routine.”
Make Recognizing Employees Part of Your Daily Routine
Good managers remember to recognize and motivate employees. Great managers do it every day.
Here are some proven methods for making sure that praising employees becomes part of your daily routine:
- Make employees a part of your weekly “to do” list. Add the names of the people who report to you to your list of goals to accomplish. Then cross off names as you praise them.
- Use voice mail. Rather than using it only to assign tasks, leave employees voice mail messages praising them for a job well done. Do it from your cellular phone on the way home.
- Write notes at the end of the day. Keep a stack of note cards on your desk, where you can’t ignore them. At the end of the day, take a minute to write thank-you notes to any employee who made a difference that day.
- At the beginning of the day, put five coins in your pocket. Then, during the day, each time you praise an employee, transfer a coin to your other pocket. It may sound corny, but once you get in the habit, you’ll start relying on tricks like this one.
For more information on clever, effective and economical ways to recognize effort and reward results of your employees, contact Loyalty Factor at 603-334-3401. We have numerous presentations, seminars and workshops on the topic.
And be sure to use the two most underutilized words…