Brad Lebo recently published an article in NHBR’s Business Services Guide 2015 titled, “Do you have what it takes to be a good leader?”
His article highlights 9 characteristics of effective and sustainable leadership and I felt it would be a good exercise to see if you have what it takes. Ask yourself, do I????
1. Have the courage to imagine and act on a vision, reject the status quo and take risk?
2. Can I quiet doubt and worry?
3. Do I care for the interests of self?
4. Do I care for the interests of others?
5. Am I able to navigate competing interests?
6. Do I know how to benefit from feedback from a partner or team?
7. Do I know how to hold myself and others accountable to reasonable goals?
8. Can I effectively communicate a vision to others?
9. Do I possess the ability to influence and motivate others?
Focus on those characteristics where you feel you fall short. Nailing them all is the sign of a great leader!
Dianne Durkin is president and founder of Loyalty Factor, a specialized consulting and training company that enhances employee, customer and brand loyalty for some of the nation’s most prominent corporations and many smaller businesses. Durkin has over 25 years experience in finance, direct sales, international marketing and training and development.
Dianne’s proven expertise lies in helping companies quickly get to the core issues and outlining their impact on the organization’s profits, productivity and people. She authored “The Loyalty Factor: Building Employee, Customer and Brand Loyalty,” and the newly released “The Power of Magnetic Leadership: It’s