Businesses are facing change like never before. Numerous driving forces to this change include:
• A rapidly expanding marketplace (Globalization) and increasing competition
• Diversity among consumers
• Availability to new forms of technology
Creativity and innovation are often the keys to the success of a changing business, particularly when developing new strategic directions, or designing new products and services.
It is easy for management to say, “We want to innovate,” yet it is difficult to leave what you know behind for a visit to the unknown and what may even be chaos.
The steps towards innovation include:
• Breakdown means taking the situation breaking it down to manageable pieces.
• Breakthrough is allowing people to brainstorm ideas and bounce ideas off one another for all possibilities.
• Complexity can be caused by too many options. Keep it simple!
• Mystery appears when the solution is not totally obvious and the pros and cons need to be analyzed.
• Manifestation is when people in the organization begin understanding and seeing the benefits and living the changes.
These steps will foster an environment for exploration, imagination, acceptable risks and what ifs. Embrace this innovation and your business will thank you!
Dianne Durkin is president and founder of Loyalty Factor, a specialized consulting and training company that enhances employee, customer and brand loyalty for some of the nation’s most prominent corporations and many smaller businesses. Durkin has over 25 years experience in finance, direct sales, international marketing and training and development.
Dianne’s proven expertise lies in helping companies quickly get to the core issues and outlining their impact on the organization’s profits, productivity and people. She authored “The Loyalty Factor: Building Employee, Customer and Brand Loyalty,” and the newly released “The Power of Magnetic Leadership: It’s Time to Get R.E.A.L.”