Welcome to the Loyalty Factor Information Exchange, a bi-weekly service providing summaries of major publications and books on various management and customer relationship topics.
Loyalty Factor has been instrumental in helping companies:
- Increase Customer Satisfaction by 20 – 33%
- Increase Revenues by 50% in 18 months
- Increase Manufacturing Production by 200% in 18 months
- Simplifying mergers and acquisitions
This week’s Information Exchange highlights David Novak’s “Taking People With You: Making BIG Things Happen”.
David Novak is chairman and CEO of Yum! Brands, the world’s largest restaurant company and owner of brands KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. They have more than 1.4 million employees spread out over 117 countries and they have adopted the trademark “Taking People with You.”
Novak’s advice is to:
- Be Your Best Self: Be Yourself, Know Yourself, Grow Yourself
- Help Others Be Themselves
- Be an Avid Learner – Seek and Build Know-How – Someone with a voracious appetite for knowledge is bound to inspire others with their passion and curiosity and can energize an organization by bringing to it new ideas.
- Unleash the Power of People – It is a leader’s job to unleash the inherent desire of all people to do the right thing, contribute and make a positive difference. To build an environment like this you have to start with trust.
- Know that People want to Contribute – Realize that 99.9 percent of people come to work every day wanting to do good and try hard.
- Value Every Person – it’s been shown that the most successful companies have a culture where every person feels valued.
- The More they Know, the More they Care – One way to show people you trust in their abilities and intentions is to share what you know.
- Ask Questions that Promote Insight – “What would you do if you had my job?”
- Believe It Can Be Done and Create a Vision and Personalize It
- Gain Alignment Every Step of the Way at Every Level – If you can’t get alignment, your great idea is not an effective idea.
- Develop a Culture that Breeds Positive Energy and Success
- Use Recognition to Drive Performance
Remember your work is never over. It’s important to focus and practice:
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Relentless communication
- Play as though you’re behind
For more information on building a culture of taking people with you contact Dianne Durkin of Loyalty Factor at 603.334.3401. Loyalty Factor specializes in building employee loyalty, customer loyalty and brand loyalty for some of the most successful companies worldwide.