Welcome to the Loyalty Factor Information Exchange, a bi-weekly service providing summaries of major publications and books on various management and customer relationship topics.
Loyalty Factor has been instrumental in helping companies:
- Increase Customer Satisfaction by 20 – 33%
- Increase Revenues by 50% in 18 months
- Increase Manufacturing Production by 200% in 18 months
- Simplifying mergers and acquisitions
Our information exchange this week highlights the presentation by Sir Richard Branson at the recent Dreamforce Conference.
Dreamforce Conference: Sir Richard Branson
Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group, spoke at the Dreamforce conference this past week inSan Francisco and had a number of thoughts on leadership, as well as his “education for life.”
In Sir Richard Branson’s education for life, these are the principles that he learned about leadership.
2. Always look for the best in people. He highlighted that as a youth his parents never allowed him to say anything negative about another person. If he did they would send him to the mirror. The message was vey clear: Look for the best in people and your life will be so much richer.
3. Delegation is key. He recommends finding someone who is better than you to do the day to day activities so you can do the strategic thinking and look beyond today.
4. When delegating give people the opportunity to make mistakes.
5. When people let you down, you need to address the issue immediately with face-to-face discussions. If you let the situation go, it will bring others down and you will lose credibility.
6. HUMOR – this is super important in building business.
Sir Richard Branson is a self-made amazing individual that we can all learn from. As he states, “never went to university, just did education on life.”
He is an incredible businessman, creative and innovative entrepreneur and a wonderful philanthropist.
The Virgin Philosophy:
“It’s not the cheapest way to do it.”
“It’s not the best way to do it.”
“It’s the most amazing way to do it.”
For a strategy on how to give your organization a competitive advantage, contact Loyalty Factor at 603.334.3401. Loyalty Factor has helped numerous organizations grow beyond expectations by embracing the above disciplines.